Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine's Day: How to Show You Care a lot, but Without it Holding Misconceptions

This was a question from yesterday. Usually, I don't post twice in one week, but I think that for the circumstances that I should because next week would be way to close to Valentine's Day.

Okay, this is a tricky one, because for girls (although it depends on what type of girl she is) you don't want to do too little because they will think that you don't care, but you don't to do too much because she will start thinking marriage and what dress she'll wear for every different seasonal wedding and you don't want that.

I don't know why girls are wired that way, but we just are. This, like I said, completely depends on the the girl. Your girl might not be the crazy plan your future wedding type and get misconceptions and if that's how she is, you've got yourself a keeper.

Okay, so on to the advice.

Doing too little can often be just getting flowers and chocolate and a small gift that you've seen other guys get thousands of times.
Now let me say this, it's not about how much you spend or how big your gift for her is, the only thing that matters is you do something that shows you've been paying attention for the length of your relationship.
What I mean about this is, if she's into something, get her something from what she's into, something that no one else would have thought about before this because you know her.
My boyfriend got me small Minnie Mouse earrings for Christmas as well as wrote me a song (I know this is Christmas, but it's also a gift giving holiday but the gifts have different affectations), now, he hasn't given me the song yet, but he's still working on it.
The point is that he showed me that he pays attention to what I'm into and I am a big Disney fan and I also love music.
So, showing you care a lot without causing misconceptions requires actual brain power (I know it's hard, but it's one thing that you have to rely on). You have to think long and hard as to what brings a smile to her face, whether it's a walk in the park, or a dinner at her favorite resteraunt or diner, or making her favorite dinner and watching her favorite movie or t.v. show, whatever it is, it will make her happy without making her think of marriage if you don't want that yet.

This post is shorter again because I feel like I've answered the question that was asked, but next week I'll go to the other part of this (if you want her to think marriage).

No comments:

Post a Comment